Following last month’s al-Shabab attack at a shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya, Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble, in an interview with ABC News, said the US and the rest of the democratic world is at a “security crossroads”. He said that there are only two choices for protecting open societies from these types of attacks: either create secure perimeters around the locations or allow civilians to carry their own guns to protect themselves.
“Societies have to think about how they’re going to approach the problem,” Noble said. “One is to say we want an armed citizenry; you can see the reason for that. Another is to say the enclaves are so secure that in order to get into the soft target you’re going to have to pass through extraordinary security.”
Indeed. Noble then went on:
“The Palestinians are not like us. Their fight is not our fight. We natives believe in bringing about change peacefully and we refuse to be affiliated with anyone who engages in violence targeting civilians. I cannot remain silent and allow the Palestinians to gain credibility at our expense by claiming commonality with us.““I cannot stand by while they trivialize our plight by tying it to theirs, which is largely self-inflicted. Our population of over 65 million was violently reduced to a mere 10 million, a slaughter unprecedented in human history. To compare that in whatever way to the Palestinians’ story is deeply offensive to me. The Palestinians did lose the land they claim is theirs, but they were repeatedly given the opportunity to build their state on it and to partner with the Jews — and they persistently refused peace overtures and chose war. We were never given that chance. We never made that choice.“
“Various anti-Israel groups argue that the Palestinians are like Israel’s “Native Americans. However, the truth of the matter is that the Jewish people are the closest thing to an indigenous people within the Holy Land, while the Palestinian Arabs ancestors sprung out from centers of empire.
Despite all of the facts proving the contrary, some anti-Israel activists have falsely compared the Palestinians to the Native Americans. For example, during this year’s Palestinian Solidarity Week at the University of Maryland at College Park, the UMD Students for Justice in Palestine hosted a lecture titled “Two Trails of Tears: From Turtle Island to Palestine.” In this lecture, the UMD Students for Justice in Palestine held a discussion on “settler colonialism, ethnic cleansing, broken treaties and racist policies as a form of systematic oppression for the Palestinian and Native American peoples.”
Unfortunately, the UMD Students for Justice in Palestine is not the only anti-Israel group to seek to compare the Palestinian cause to the Native American struggle. This type of rhetoric disregards Jewish history within the Land of Israel dating back to antiquity and is an attempt to re-write history by anti-Israel groups in order to belittle the Jewish connection to the Land of Israel. This propaganda is so popular among anti-Israel groups that in one anti-Israel protest outside of Nablus, Palestinians even dressed up like Native Americans in order to make a political point. Many Native American’s find this offensive and an unethical form of cultural appropriation.”
Then, there’s THIS little-spoken of effort at Genocide by islam
“Marlene: First Nations are split on Israel. Many are with the BDS groups. I remember reading a few years ago how muslims were encouraged to meet Natives on dating sites in order to infiltrate Native communities, marry the girls to produce muslim kids and eventually get the groups on board with Islam and BDS campaign.
The story was published in Québec media. Today, I can say that Natives in universities tend to side with Hamas and are active in BDS. I met a Native guy on a dating site. Didn’t last long… a 3-minute phone call and he hung up when I mentioned I was pro-Israel.”
The points below…do they sound familiar to you, my Brothers, Sisters, Cousins??
“Despite all Palestinian propaganda points to the contrary, the Palestinians are not Israel’s “Native Americans.” In fact, the Jewish people, composed of the twelve tribes of Israel, not Muslim Palestinian Arabs, made up the majority of the population in Israel up until 135 CE, when the Jewish people through massacres, brutal oppression, persecutions, and ethnic cleansing were forcibly made into a minority within their own country. Just like the Native Americans, the fact that Jews were made into a minority within their own country does not rob them of their indigenous status nor does it imply that they abandoned their country.“
“In fact, Jews continued to live in Israel throughout history, regardless of which regime was in power. The Jewish Virtual Library estimates that in 1517, well before the Zionist movement existed, there were only around 300,000 people living in Eretz Yisrael, where 5,000 of them were Jewish. According to the Ottoman Turkish Census of 1893, there were 371,959 Muslims, 42,689 Christians, and about 9,000 Jews living in Israel. These statistics demonstrate that Jews were living in the Land of Israel well before Zionism and the Balfour Declaration. “
“Muslims were never the sole inhabitants of the land like the Native Americans were in the United States & Canada.”
Yes, VERY familiar-sounding, isn’t it…here’s why…
“According to Ward Churchill, a professor of ethnic studies at the University of Colorado, 12 million Native Americans used to inhabit North America in 1500. They were the continent’s first original indigenous human inhabitants and some of the tribes referred to their ancestral homeland as Turtle’s Island. Yet today, after experiencing massacres, persecutions, outright racism, ethnic cleansing, systematic oppression, and having their traditional lands colonized by European settlers who refused to permit them to live beside them even if they were peaceful and adopted aspects of European culture, their population size was reduced to 237,000 by 1900.“
“During the infamous Trail of Tears, about 20,000 Cherokees were forcefully expelled from their homes and sent on a death march, where up to 8,000 of them perished. The Cherokee nation endured all of this suffering, despite the fact that they were very much assimilated into the society, rejected utilizing violence, and had legal documents in their possession demonstrating what land was supposed to belong to them. It was one of the darkest chapters in American history.”
Now, why should Native Americans NOT allow ourselves to be conned and bullied and coerced by Politically-Correct Leftists with not a dram of genuine facts to back their ‘BDS’ movement?
Here is why…
“Indeed, the Jewish people, who have always sympathized with the oppressed and have a history of assisting the Native Americans in their just struggle for civil and human rights. In 1973, over 500 Native American activists were jailed after battling with American forces at Wounded Knee.
Over 80 percent of the lawyers assisting these Native American activists were Jewish. Israel has also formed a close relationship with the Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana. Israel assists them with agriculture and trade, and the Coushatta have shown their appreciation by recognizing May 14th, Israel’s Independence Day, as a national Coushatta holiday.
The Coushatta nation, like many other Native Americans, feel a special bond with the Jewish people due to the fact that both peoples have endured centuries of persecution, relocation and prejudice, while holding on to a strong commitment to their ancestral homeland.“
By now, if any of you Leftist, wrong-headed, false-talking ‘BDS’ types have even bothered to read this far, you’re likely pretty pissed-off…
Good, and we will see you expose your True Heart-of-Hatred on Twitter and other social media. But, you need to know this:
The First Native Nations stands with Israel, who has always been a Friend to us, who has always Listened and done what they could for us when we had little or nothing to gift back.
TRUE Native Americans stand with their Friends and family, we give our blood for them, as often that is all we have to give…and is most precious as it is Life.
The FNN was welcomed by Israel, when we opened Diplomatic Contact, as an experiment, just-to-see, we tried with ‘palestine’ and got a reply that was insulting, and made it clear that ‘palestine’ is NO friend of any Native American. But, they are quick to twist and pervert Native American history for their anti-Israel campaign.
On that, ‘palestine’ has two choices, as does BDS;
They can CEASE using our history, name and identity as a people for their twisted game and perversions of such to serve their games.
They will pay the price and Consequences for defying this polite request.
We are NOT your ‘toys’, and we are not to be ‘used’ or trifled with.
The FNN has been preparing to step forth into the world and take our Rightful Place on the world stage, a place that is LONG overdue. Since the end of WW2, we have been Quiet, preparing, learning, Watching, studying and thinking about the outside and greater world.
We have learned well, Prepared, and we know who Lies, who speaks Truth, and who our Friends are, as well as our Enemies.
By all means, laugh at us and insult/disparage/denigrate us as you have for many-times-many decades…and enjoy it.
You will only be able to laugh for so much longer.
“We will meet The Wendigo that we were fore-warned was coming. We will meet it as Bear and Wolf…but with hands of Men, and weapons of the modern world.”
And that’s when it hit me. It is 1932 again.
As was then, this is now. As they did before us, we carry on living, touched sometimes faintly other times more keenly by events near and far away. Old arguments, futile in hindsight, re-emerge:
“Yes..they are fringe lunatics, they say terrible things, but that could never happen here. We are too civilised for that; this is 2014 for goodness sake.”
Yet all around us the menace grows: the Nazis have returned.
Growing up, I suspect each of us thought about where we might have stood had we lived through Hitler’s Europe. Would have had the visceral courage of the Lochemai Hagetaot; would we stand and fight…or would we turn and say, keep your mouth shut, don’t rock the boat, you will only make trouble for everyone? Not that I judge anyone..the choices were intolerable.
We thought these choices were past. We thought we had reached a golden age of Judaism where our biggest issue was intermarriage. We were wrong. We are being propelled inexorably towards a conflict of messianic proportions.
As Islamic Militants compete in a murderous black Satanic Olympiad …endlessly striving to set ever more gruesome personal worsts; our global leaders do nothing but criticise Israel.
The failure of free governments to deal with Militant Islamic threats now, means the costs of addressing them tomorrow will be ever greater.
I am left feeling how utterly dumb we have been in disturbing well crafted power balances. Gadaffi and Hussein were undoubtedly evil. But maybe they were the price we paid to keep more horrific forces at bay? Better a vicious autocrat ruling through domestic fear, than a populist Jihadist terrorising theocracy willing and financing ambitions of a global caliphate.
There is a big space between democracy and liberal democracy….and Mill’s warnings of tyrannical majorities seems nowhere more relevant than the UN today. As dark clouds gather, we stand alone again. The evil genie of AntiSemitism released from the bottle once more.
I look back..my daughter now grinning with unashamed pride: she has demolished her Ice cream. “Are we finished?” she asks me. It is a rather pertinent question. Now it’s our time to choose.
THIS IS A GREAT LETTER TO THE EDITOR FROM A CREEK INDIAN REGARDING THE PALESTINIANS IN GAZA!
READ AND SHARE!!
( In some ways the Ghetto Blacks and The Barrio Hispanics have the same mindset as the Gaza Palestinians)
Gaza: Out of the mouth of a humble, American Indian comes more insight than all of the media pundits and their “intellectual,”elitist and biased analysis of the Gaza conflict. His comment was a response on the CNN website to a story about Hamas rejecting a ceasefire.
I am Creek Indian. My family fought against the Europeans for hundreds of years and it was a losing fight. After the Civil War, the federal government of the US decided to rout out the last of the resistance, and my ancestors were faced with choices: 1) Death. The reality was that the Indian nations in no way had anything like the military might to defeat the US. AT BEST they could have continued to fight a guerrilla war, keeping themselves in grinding poverty and throwing away their lives and futures and those of their children. 2) Being moved to reservations. 3) Assimilate into the new nation as citizens.
Thank GOD my ancestors were wise enough to choose wisely, and we became US citizens. As my Grandfather told me when I was starting to learn about our history, “You have a choice. You can choose to live in the past, in bitterness and anger, or you can choose to excel in the world as it exists today. If you live in the past, you are only hurting yourself. The people living today bear no guilt for what happened generations before. They were born into today’s world the same way you were. Hating them would be unjust, and only hurts you. Choose instead to excel in today’s world as best you can.”
And frankly the US is far superior to the world of my ancestors in myriad ways (I am not excusing what went before, simply recognizing the reality). The lifespan of a Creek used to be less than 36 years. Infant mortality was 9 in 10. We were semi-nomadic hunter-gatherers. Starvation was common & part of life. The “noble savage” is a PC myth. An invention of propaganda. I wouldn’t want to live that way and would fight anyone trying to force me to do so.
As a result, our family has prospered beyond the wildest dreams of my ancestors. My Grandparents lived into their 80’s and 90’s with one exception, and he was killed in an accident. My parents are in their 80’s now. Active and healthy. Of the six children they had, all are living, and all have masters or doctorate level educations and are financially successful. Of the 22 grandchildren, all are living, and all those who are old enough are in college on academic scholarships.
I am proud to be a US citizen. An American.
The point is this: Palestinians. You have the same choice. Israel is a reality. Your decades long efforts to destroy it have been miserable failures and have only really served to show how laughably one-sided that conflict is. At one time, decades ago, I had some sympathy for you. No longer. I grew up watching the efforts to help you. You’ve stupidly spit in the face of those efforts every time. You pick a fight, then go whining to the press when you start getting your behind kicked. Over and over. It is pathetic. And who are you really hurting?
Israel is doing just fine, thank you very much. Israel has real universities, real industry. Israel contributes to the advancement of science and technology. Israel is a Republic where anyone who is a citizen has a vote. Women aren’t forced to live in mobile tents, and aren’t killed for trying to get an education. If I had to choose today which culture I want there, then I am going to choose them 10 times out of 10.
So you can continue living in your past, which is about as accurate as the “noble savage” myths the PC crowd tried to sell me as a child, or you can grow up & show you ACTUALLY care about your children & quit committing mass suicide.
I don’t doubt that MOST Palestinians would rather live in a 1st world country with clean water, good sewer systems, plentiful food, easily achievable education. So really, this appeal is to you. The radicals in your midst are screwing you. They have been screwing you for 40+ years, and they are never going to stop. Choose civilization. Choose a future for your children.
What does that mean? If you are in Israel, thank your lucky stars, and start benefiting from living in a first world country rather than trying to return it to the stone age.
If you are not in Israel, but you can see people who are firing rockets into Israel, take them out. Report their locations. Band together with neighbors who don’t want to be bombed or shelled, and kill the people responsible for drawing the fire to your neighborhood.
Because lets be real. This is all over but the dying. Israel is there, and it is there to stay. If you keep attacking them, then the most likely outcome will be the “genocide” you seem so hell-bent on asking for. Only it won’t be genocide, it will be mass suicide.
Quit being idiots and actually prove you care about your children.
SHARE AND EXPOSE…
Islamism = Nazism with Religious Rituals
Both ideologies share numerous major features:
(1) Their founders created the ideologies to get their followers to kill and die for them.
• This alone is not enough to condemn Islamism, because the track records of Judaism (e.g. as shown in the Old Testament) and Christianity (e.g. Inquisition, Thirty Years War) were once not much better. The key word is “were” as opposed to “are.” There is only one purported religion that has, during the past couple of hundred years, used theology to justify genocide, rape, and human trafficking.
(2) Their founders wrote books, Mein Kampf and the Koran respectively, that embody the ideologies and justify aggressive warfare against those deemed inferior. Here is but one of many examples from the latter.
• Sura 9.29: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax [jizya, dhimmi tax] in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.
(3) Both ideologies claim the right to rule the entire world, as in “Today Germany, tomorrow the world” and “Islam will dominate the world.”
• Here is a video of a demonstration in London where Islamists say they will rule the world, call for the bombing of Denmark, and add that they will take infidel women as war booty. The demonstration adds threats of another 7/7, the terrorist subway bombings in the UK.
• The context of the Takbir (Arabic for “Allah akbar!”) in this demonstration comes across like the “Heil Hitler!” of the 1930s.
(4) Both ideologies define their own members as racially or religiously superior Herrenvolk; the Master Race. These are Aryans and the Dar-al-Islam (House of Islam) respectively, and the latter encompasses only the “right” kinds of Muslims.
(5) Both ideologies define outsiders as Untermenschen (subhumans) whom the Master Race is free to kill, rape, rob, and/or enslave. Nazism defined Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, homosexuals, and Black people as Untermenschen. Islamism’s kafirs or infidels include Jews, Christians, Hindus, Baha’is, and the wrong kinds of Muslims. Sunnis regard Shiites as Untermenschen, and vice versa.
• Kafirs and infidels are all part of the Dar-al-Harb (House of War), which means Islamism has openly declared war on the entire non-Islamic world. This includes, of course, the wrong kinds of Muslims.
• ISIS demands the jizya, a tax paid by infidels for the privilege of remaining alive in the Dar-al-Islam, from Christians in Iraq. When the Christians can’t or won’t pay, Islamists rape their female family members. The reference adds that Islamists use Christian women the same way Imperial Japan used Koreans as what they called “comfort women.”
• Islamists claim, and often exercise, the right to rape infidel women in North America, Europe, and Australia. “If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it … whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.”
(6) Both ideologies slate certain people for Sonderbehandlung (special treatment, i.e. extermination). The Nazis applied this to special needs children, and here is an example of Sonderbehandlung of gay people in Iran.
(7) Both ideologies need not honor their agreements with Untermenschen. Examples include Hitler’s violation of his peace agreements, and the Islamist hudna (temporary or phony peace). Hamas has proven itself incapable of honoring its hudnas for more than a few hours.
(8) Both ideologies identify property of Untermenschen with yellow Stars of David or the Arabic symbol nun (Nazarene, Christian) for expropriation or looting.
(9) Both ideologies exterminate Untermenschen, and then bury them in mass graves. Nazi concentration camps, mass graves of Armenian victims of the Turkish genocide of 1915, and the current conduct of ISIS are all examples.
(10) Both ideologies are totally incompatible with civil liberties, and Islamist demonstrators proclaim openly, “Freedom go to Hell.” As shown by Freedom House’s Map of Freedom:
• Almost all Christian-majority nations outside the former Soviet Union are rated as Free.
• The world’s only Jewish-majority nation is also the only Free nation in the entire Middle East.
• The world’s only Hindu-majority nation is the world’s largest democracy.
• NO Muslim-majority nation is rated better than Partly Free.
The only significant difference between Nazism and Islamism is, in fact, that Nazism recognized Aryan women as Herrenvolk, while Islamism treats Muslim women as chattel property. Muslim women can be sold by their male “owners,” subjected to female genital mutilation, and stoned to death for adultery if they are raped.
An interesting questionnaire for Palestinian Advocates By Yashiko Sagamori
If you are so sure that ” Palestine , the country, goes back through most of recorded history,” I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about that country of Palestine :
- When was it founded and by whom?
- What were its borders?
- What was its capital?
- What were its major cities?
- What constituted the basis of its economy?
- What was its form of government?
- Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
- Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
- What was the language of the country of Palestine ?
- What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine ?
- What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.
- And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?
You are lamenting the “low sinking” of a “once proud” nation. Please tell me, when exactly was that “nation” proud and what was it so proud of?
And here is the least sarcastic question of all: If the people you mistakenly call “Palestinians” are anything but generic Arabs collected from all over — or thrown out of — the Arab world, if they really have a genuine ethnic identity that gives them right for self-determination, why did they never try to become independent until Arabs suffered their devastating defeat in the Six Day War?
I hope you avoid the temptation to trace the modern day “Palestinians” to the Biblical Philistines: substituting etymology for history won’t work here.